Kurt Angle opens up on real fight with Brock Lesnar

HUMBLE gloats don't show signs of improvement than Olympic champion and WWE legend Kurt Angle's most recent disclosure that he dropped heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar seven times amid their popular off camera battle in the WWE.

Edge and Lesnar's backstage fight has gone into wrestling excitement legends.

Edge, 48, has beforehand affirmed the battle occurred, saying: "When I completed him, I would not like to wrestle him once more".







In February this year a somewhat contrasting record of the wrestling match between the two was accounted for, when previous WWE representative Bruce Prichard guaranteed the combine's battle was separated by WWE administrator Vince McMahon following eight seconds.

Edge has now offered more insights about the battle, which painted a somewhat more noteworthy photo of his own execution when he ventured up to one of the scariest men on the planet.

While wrestlers were get ready hours before a show in North Dakota in 2003, Angle tested Lesnar to a wrestling match with an offer the previous UFC champion couldn't won't.

Edge won the gold decoration for free-form wrestling at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, while Lesnar is likewise a previous NCAA school novice wrestling champion.


On paper, it was the greatest wrestling contest to take place backstage in the WWE, despite Lesnar’s 41kg weight advantage.

Pritchard in February asserted the battle occurred in light of the fact that insidious opponent wrestlers ran a crusade to divide them by telling them two alternate folks was speaking garbage about them. 

It worked. 

Edge has conceded he tested Lesnar because in light of the fact that he had been told Lesnar said he would wipe the floor with the Olympic champion on the off chance that they at any point attempted to get it on no doubt. 

"Somebody asked him how I would do against him and he stated, 'He's too little, I'd murder him,'" Angle told the Chris Jericho Podcast. 

"So I strolled up to him and stated, 'Did you say I'm too little for you that you would slaughter me?' 

"He said to me, 'Kurt, you're what? 215 (pounds)? I stated, 'I'm 225 (pounds)'. He stated, 'Well I'm 315'. 

"I stated, 'Well, I don't have an issue, how about we get in the ring'. He said I just have shoes on. I stated, 'Well how about we go in our exposed feet'. He stated, 'I would prefer not to do it'."

From that minute on, it was just ever a short time before this headliner occurred. 

Edge got his shot when he spotted Lesnar rehearsing a few moves with WWE star Big Show in the ring hours before a show in North Dakota. 

"One day he's in North Dakota and he's wrestling Big Show and he's picking this 535-pound (242kg) man up and this is when Big Show was huge," he said. 

"He twofold legged him and lifted him uncertain and hammered him on his back. I thought, 'Heavenly s***, I won't not have the capacity to deal with this child'. I never observed anyone do that." 

Regardless of Lesnar's scary show, Angle accepted his open door and moved toward the ring and motioned for Big Show to leave the ring so he could be allowed to sit unbothered with Lesnar. 

At that point he persuaded Lesnar into one of the not very many battles the athletic monster has ever lost. 

"I strolled up behind Brock and tapped him on the shoulder and stated, 'How about we go,'" Angle said. 

"He pivoted and I stated, 'We should go'. And every one of the wrestlers around the ring, similar to logger style, took a gander at him and stated, 'You're not getting out brother'. 

"We had the confrontation. It was close. It truly was. He had 90 beats on me, however I most likely brought him down into the ropes a decent 7-8 times. He utilized the ropes to state we're outside the alloted boundaries. That is OK. I took him down once. He didn't bring me down by any stretch of the imagination. 

"It was truly close, however to me, Brock wasn't the wrestler I was." 


At last, Angle has dropped all unobtrusiveness and is glad to advance the reality he whooped Lesnar's vast, startling, butt.

"I know Brock wouldn't like to hear this, yet Brock is a monster," Angle said. 

"Anything he touches gets swung to gold. He's not only a mammoth. He's an awesome competitor. He's brilliant. 

"As great of a wrestler as he seemed to be, he wasn't that great of a wrestler. He was a major athletic child, who knew one move a twofold leg. That is no ruin to him. It's quite recently the way that he wasn't generally that specialized as a wrestler. 

"I knew a considerable measure of methods and I generally knew how to wrestle enormous folks, particularly folks like Brock. It wasn't generally an issue for me. 

"Brock never truly verged on bringing me as the day progressed. I comprehended what I needed to do. I knew how to make edges on him. I needed to keep my hips low and I knew I needed to keep my hands before me so Brock couldn't wrap his solid ass arms around my legs. I just knew how to shield him from scoring. I realized that I would inevitably score on him and that is what happened. 

"In the event that Brock would have gone past the NCAA's and went ahead to the Olympic level, there's no chance to get in hellfire I would have beat Brock. He is that great of a competitor, however he simply didn't know wrestling as I did. He didn't know the game of wrestling. He didn't know the methods and the little traps and triggers that run with it. 


"I was never apprehensive of Brock or of getting into the ring with him. I weighed 225, he weighed 315. He was 90 pounds heavier then me. It wasn't an issue for me."

Post a Comment

0 Comments